This course is for people who are new to Upholstery and want to work on a chair with no arms, kitchen chairs, squab or footstool. No other projects will be accepted in this class. The ability to sew and use a domestic sewing machine is required for those who wish to work on an armless chair or squabs. own machine required. Course limited to 8 students so enrol early!
Materials to bring:
- Upholstery or furnishing fabric for project
- Sewing machine with denim needle and heavy thread (for armless chair or squabs)
- Zipper foot if you have piping on your project
- Hand staple gun and staples
- Scissors, measuring tape, tailors chalk
- Screw driver or long nosed pliers to pull out staples
- Correct size screw driver if you need to disassemble chair
- Extra padding if needed
- Small hammer
- Lunch (tea/coffee provided)
- Gimp pins and piping cord will be available from the tutor. Approx cost $5
Please note that only one project can be undertaken in this workshop.
If you have any queries regarding your requirements please phone the tutor Therese Jones on 027 723 7995