This course will offer the opportunity to develop drawing skills in pencil through to pen and ink, and watercolour techniques. From this a watercolour composition can be developed.
Beginner students can expect to work through tutor directed exercises, to progress onto their own chosen topic.
Intermediate/Advanced students can opt to complete tutor directed exercises, or work on their own chosen project.
PLEASE NOTE: This class concentrates on the following media: Pencil, Ink, Watercolour. Acrylic techniques are covered in other classes.
Materials to Bring:
- A3 or A4 Das Watercolour Painting Pad 300gsm
- A3 Spiral Bound Cartridge Paper pad 110 gsm (to be used only for light sketching exercises and for ‘testing’ colour tones.)
- 1 each 3B, 4B, pencils
- Kneaded Eraser
- Small tubes watercolour Paint – 1 each of Alizarin Crimson red, Ultramarine Blue, Cadmium Yellow (light) ,Viridian Green, or Sap Green (can bring other colours if you already have them in your watercolour painting kit)
- 1 x black Indian ink artist's pen with either a felt brush tip, or a black permanent ink Sharpie pen with a fine point.
- Watercolour brushes sizes 6 and 8, ( and a 10 or 12 if possible)
- Water jar.
- White or cream coloured ceramic plate for a palette. (plastic palettes not suitable for mixing watercolour pigments on )
Art Supplies, 130 Dee Street Invercargill offer a 20% discount to our students